Monday 21 January 2008

THE BIKE


I went to the dentist on tuesday. I had pain from my wisdom tooth that was coming. He took a panaramic XRay of my mouth. He said. "I'm not so much concerned with your teeth as I am this." It was a white orb on my right cheek the size of a quarter. He then said He had found cancers like this before. I cried and walked in the rain. I drank coffee at einsteins bagels. The next morning I went to a maxillofacial surgeon.He looked at the picture and said oh that's nothing. It's mucus. I did however have three wisdom teeth and he said I'm going to take those out for one thousand dollars. Then he said "while im up there I'm going to stick this drill up there and pop the bubble." He stuck twelve needles in my mouth and numbed me. I looked out the window beside the surgery chair. Grey and rainy. I saw the street and the other side of secret bushes. I saw two bikes on the porch of an apartment on the twelfth story. I saw people sitting on a cement block waiting for the bus and they were wet. A lady came in and covered my eyes. I heard my teeth breaking and cracking. felt fluids in my throat. It took fifteen minutes. I shut down for them so they could do their job. I didn't move or try to communicate. I simply tried to be like I wasn't there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're a great storyteller. Thank you for sharing.